Application: NEH Distinguished Teaching Professorship
Due by Tuesday, January 22, 2018
Distinguished Teaching Professors know their disciplines very well, motivate and inspire students, and actively engage students in learning. To evaluate these criteria, the selection committee requests that applications should consist of the following materials.
Part 1: Applicant's Responsibility
- Applicant’s reflective teaching philosophy statement, demonstrating dedication to improving teaching and students’ learning
- Applicant’s proposed project(s) as NEH Distinguished Teaching Professor
- Applicant’s record of experience with and interest in humanities courses, as evidenced by course descriptions (entire syllabi are not necessary)
- Evidence of teaching expertise, demonstrated by summaries of student evaluations, including students’ comments
- Brief curriculum vitae (2 pages recommended)
All required documents shall be sumbitted in fields below.
Part 2: Confidential Letters of Support
One-page in length in 12 pt., Times New Roman font, with standard margins.
- Details the applicant’s strengths in teaching from:
- one or two colleagues who have observed the applicant’s teaching
- two former undergraduate students
*Recommended maximum length of application, including the 3-4 pages of letters: 15 pages.
If you have any further questions, please contact Francesca Fiorani, Associate Dean for the Arts and Humanties