Student Support Resources
If you believe the student is in immediate danger or may harm others, please call 911.
Faculty most of this information is also contained in the Syllabus Fall 2020 suggested language, on the UVA Teaching Continuity website.
College Association Deans
When in doubt, refer students to their Association Dean. Students can call 434-924-3351 to make an appointment. If they do not know the name of their dean, the staff will assist them when they call to make an appointment (434-924-3351).
If you are concerned about a student who has not been submitting work or attending class, you may contact their Association Dean. If you cannot find the name of a student’s Association Dean (or if it is easier for you), email the student’s full legal name and your concern to email@example.com.
Return to Grounds student resource site
All students enrolled in Fall 2020 courses, and who have successfully completed a FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year, can request funding for expenses related to the disruption of fall campus operations due to the pandemic, including technologyrelated expenses. For information on CARES Act Student Emergency Funding, Bridge Scholarships, and Emergency Loans, please visit: SFS Operational Updates | Student Financial Services
- ITS (Technical Support) for accounts, passwords, email, networks, etc
- Zoom Support for using Zoom features
- Collab Student Support
- Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvas Student Support
- Cavalier Computers is a campus store for computer and other device purchase and support
Health and Wellbeing
- Public Health Measures for fall 2020
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) remains open during the COVID-19 pandemic for virtual service.
- Madison House’s HELP Line is confidential and available at any hour of any day: 434- 295-TALK.
- Disaster Distress Helpline (1-800-985-5990, or text TalkWithUs to 66746) connects you to a trained crisis counselor; this is toll free, multilingual, and confidential, available to all residents in the US and its territories.
- Dean on Call: The Office of the Dean of Students provides 24-hour crisis management and incident response/follow-up services to University students. Those in need of support or referrals may contact us at (434) 924-7133 Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm, or after hours by contacting the University Police Department at (434) 924-7166 and asking them to refer the issue to the Dean on Call. In addition, if you live in a residence hall, you can contact a Resident Staff member after hours.
- Healthy Hoos Patient Portal is the most direct website for student health forms, appointments, and information
- WahooWell Remote is a confidential one-on-one remote meeting with a well-being facilitator through Student Health
- Just Report It is UVA’s gender-based violence, assault, hazing, and discrimination reporting system
- Women’s Center
- LGBTQ Student Center
- The Gordie Center at Student Health offers Hoos In Recovery groups and BASICS screening for alcohol abuse
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255
- Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA) 434-977-7273
- Student Disability Access Center (SDAC) provides academic accommodations, support services, advocacy, and educational training throughout the University community
- A&S Association Deans provide broad academic support to students in the College of Arts & Sciences. Your dean can advise you on academic matters, help you to think broadly about your long-term plans, and connect you to the appropriate support services at the University.
- Office of the Dean of Students works to create a living and learning environment in which students can maximize their academic potential
- UREG: University Registrar provides academic record services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other constituents
- Tutoring for multiple subjects and writing center